It’s getting colder outside and we’re getting really excited about Boxing Day football - the end of the year is the ideal time for all of us to take a look back at what we did in 2019 and use that to set our goals for the new year (and decade!).
And we’ve been up to a lot at InnerDrive this year - we combed through pages of research and tons of data to write a whopping 27 sport psychology blogs, and even 2 free ebooks about:
2019 is also the year where we have worked with more sports collaborators than ever:
- We wrote 4 columns for National Club Golfer
- We filmed a series about sport psychology in football with The Anfield Wrap
- We shared sport psychology research and tips on many TV sets and radio shows (including a few with Harry Redknapp...)
Here are our top 10 blogs for athletes, coaches and parents that we wrote in 2019:
- Why are New Zealand so good at rugby? A team culture analysis
- Are football clubs wasting money on transfers?
- What to think about before a match
- The impact of music on performance in sport
- Developing a growth mindset in golf
- How can you develop your mental toughness?
- How to stop feeling embarrassed on the golf course
- The importance of knowing your role in sports
- Everything you need to know about VAR and referee biases
- Why do athletes choke?
But most importantly, we helped our clients to achieve more than ever and perform at their best. With 5876 minutes played in the Premier League and even 5 international goals scored for England, 2019 was a brilliant year for our footballers. And in other sports, all of our Team GB athletes who are headed for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games beat their personal bests this year.
Thank you for a brilliant 2019 - see you next year for more sport psychology resources!
Did you know that we also write for and work with schools and educators? Click here to see our 2019 education recap.